The term “upholstery “ means “ soft material used for covering springs and other material used in your furniture”. Upholstery cleaning means that cleaning of the covering material used in your furniture (such as couches and their cushions, beds made of delicate fabric, chairs, etc ). Its important to get your upholstery clean by professionals because they are trained to clean all types of upholstery. You need to keep them clean because they used in your daily routine. Due to daily use they become dirty and germs gather on them which is not good for you and your family.
Reasons to get upholstery cleaning:
Your furniture represents your house. Everyone likes neat and clean furniture. There are many reasons to keep your furniture clean. Some of them are discussed below:
- It removes all the dust present in your upholstery.
- It plays an important role in beautifying your furniture and makes your furniture to look like the new one. Read more about Morclothes reviews: Is this website is real or fake?
- It kills all the bacteria and germs gathered in the soft covering of your furniture. And protects us from harmful infections and helps us to improve our health and improves the air quality of your home.
- Upholstery cleaners disinfectant and sanitize your furniture which helps you to protect yourself and your family from the most dangerous corona virus.
- It removes all the bad smells present in the deep layers of your furniture.
- If something ( like hot tea and cold drinks ) falls on your upholstery accidentally, it gives deep stains which are cleaned by the professionals.
- Upholstery cleaning increase the durability of your furniture.
- If you don’t clean your furniture properly,it will deteriorate quickly and then you have to buy the new furniture which is too much costly, so its better to clean it because it will save your money.
How to clean your upholstery at home:
You should clean your furniture daily to prevent it from getting damaged. You can do your upholstery cleaning at home by different methods. Some of them are described below:
- You can clean the soft covering of your furniture by using vacuum cleaner. It absorb all the dust present on them. But it does not remove the dust present in the deep layers,so you should get your upholstery cleaned by the professionals minimum two to three times per year.
- You can use the room freshener to avoid the smell. Or you can use baking soda for getting rid of all the odours. Spread baking soda on the upholstery you want to clean and left it for twenty to twenty five minutes. Then after it remove the baking soda with the help of vacuum cleaner or other equipment used for thecleaning of furniture. This process removes unpleasant odour.
- You can use stain remover to remove stains. And maintain the colour and design of your furniture.
- You can use covers to protect your upholstery from dust. Whenever, these covers become dirty,remove them and wash them in washing machines.
Upholstery cleaning takes different time for different items. Time to be taken depends upon the condition of your furniture and on the layers your furniture has. However it almost takes from 8 to 10 hours. Some are discussed here:
Couch cleaning takes almost three to four hours for its complete cleaning. However bed takes almost nine to ten hours for drying after complete cleaning.
How much upholstery cleaning costs?
Cleaning of chairs almost cost $310 to $1490 and cleaning of couches costs almost $510 to $4600 depending on the fabric of your couch. The whole upholstery cleaning takes almost $800 to $1500.