Proposals are very important marketing documents. Proposals create written documents on a given topic. To write a compelling proposal that will engage the reader, some requirements are needed, such as great caution, understanding of the audience, and creative writing. Proposals help the organization build a professional relationship with the donor for a project or contract. Proposal outlines show the organization’s implementation planning for the project or contract.
It provides extensive information on the intentions and ways of managing the method and the results that will be delivered. In some cases, a concept precedes a proposal to inform the basic facts of the project idea.
When it comes to project ideas, you face many challenges when you have to represent them in a framework. So proposal writing is a very easy fix for your framework. It shows the facts of the project very clearly and makes it easy for the donor to understand the project planning. The proposals give documentary form to the ideas, otherwise the ideas do not exist. In this article I am going to enlighten you on the complete guide on how to write a compelling proposal. Then let’s get started!
Proposal Writing Steps
There are 7 very impressive steps for your proposal which are as follows;
• Clarify the problem
• Offer your solution
• Clarify your success criteria and deliverables
• Explain your idea and method
• Make an outline of your project schedule and budget
• Tie them all together / conclusion
• Reread/edit your proposal
Elucidate the problem
In the first step, you must elucidate the problem of your project. It will give an overview of your proposal to the reader about what kind of problem is being discussed in the proposal and what problem are you trying to solve. In this step, you tell the reader why this problem exists and why you can solve it. Try to represent the problem of your proposal to your audience as you see it. Read more about Rev a Shelf, History, Categories and Accessories
Some tips to elucidate the problem of your proposal;
• Get off to a very strong start.
• Decision makers usually don’t give a lot of time to review a proposal, so first be sure to briefly clarify the main point in a way that will have a convincing impact on them.
• To define the problem you should use facts instead of opinions.
offer you solution
In the second step, you will describe the solution of your proposed problem, how you can solve it. You must give arguments for your solution why your polling option is better than other similar solutions. And also give a broad reason why others’ solutions are not viable.
Tips to offer you a solution in proposal writing;
• Predict guesses about questions and objections. Give ample reasons about your solution that those reasons work as a screen for the solution of the problem of your proposal. Because it is a challenging task, you must prepare reasons to defend your solution from all angles. For example; If your solution is more expensive, give strong reasons why your more expensive solution is a better option than the cheap solution.
• Try to represent the big impact of your solution.
• The interesting fact is that stakeholders tend to pay more attention to projects with far-reaching effects compared to limited impacts.
• Once again choose facts over opinions.
• Offer as much example about your research to make it worthy.
Clarify your success criteria and deliverables
The third step is to clarify your success criteria and deliverables. This part of the proposal gives a picture of the purposes and qualities of the deliverables and also this section helps to know if the project is a success.
Tips to clarify your success and criteria and deliverables;
• Inform users about what they will get from your project,
• Include a delivery date.
• Your solution must be extraordinary.
Explain your idea and method
This step is the key part of your proposal. This proposal writing section discusses how to achieve the project goals. It begins with the elucidation of the key point and the reasons why it is a better option. This part will tell you how to handle the problem.
Tips to explain your ideas and methods;
• Present the ideas and methodology of your project
• Elucidate how to tactfully approach the problem and find its solution. This will help and save your project proposal from various management risks.
Make an outline of your project schedule and budget
In the fifth step, you will report the cost breakdown of the project and full details of how you can meet the deadline and get your work done.
Tips for figuring out your project timeline and budget;
• Provide as much detail as you can about your project
• Use concrete facts and reasons, don’t accept opinions.
Tie Them All Together / Conclusion
End your proposal by briefly summarizing the conclusion of the problem, the solution, and the benefits of the project. Highlight the special problem section and create a prop with extensive facts and ideas that audiences will remember.
Reread/edit your proposal
First of all, make sure that your proposal writing is not too vague, because if it is, it will make it difficult for the audience to understand your point of view. Edit your proposal and read it again. Take a look at grammar, spelling, and punctuation.